WindingRiver.com provides a media to promote the works of museums, historic sites, nature centers and other organizations that support the preservation and public education of history and natural resources with a focus on northwest Missouri, northeast Kansas, as well as national and international history and conservation.
There is no charge for sharing information on WindingRiver.com.
Specific programs available through WindingRiver.com to promote your organization are described below. Please feel free to give us a call for further information or to discuss other promotional ideas.
All editorial content, including event listings, must be directly related to the history and natural resources of the geographical area covered by WindingRiver.com.
All directories include the name of your organization, address, phone number, web address and a 70 - 100 word description. The following directories are available:
African American Heritage Project
Art History (Under Construction)
Historic Churches (Under Construction)
Museums and Historic Sites
Natural Resource Organizations (Under Construction)
Religion and Cultural History (Under Construction)
You are invited to use our Directory Form to update or add your organization or facility to our directories. We ask that you observe the following when adding or updating your listing:
You may now add your events directly to our calendar by clicking on "Submit Your Event" on our calendar.
Note: You are invited to add specific events related to exhibits, for example exhibit openings,
but please do not list exhibits as daily events in our calendar of events. See Exhibits below.
Please submit information on exhibits, along with an image to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add it to our Exhibits Gallery. Temporary exhibits with a published end date will be listed on the directory through the end date. New permanent exhibits -- or exhibits with no published end date will be listed on our directory for 90 days.
Press Releases and Announcements
Please submit information to us at email@example.com for consideration to be added to our News Blog.
Note: All Events, Exhibits and Announcements must be submitted to us by the source of said event, exhibit or announcement. Third party submissions will not be accepted.
Book, DVD and App Reviews
Books, DVDs, Apps and other media to be will be shared on the Books, DVDs and Apps Blog (http://www.windingriver.com/bookshelf). Please send the following for our reviewers:
- A copy of the book, DVD or item to be reviewed. Media should be appropriate for the editorial focus of this website -- primarily history and natural resources with a focus of national interest or that specifically of Missouri and Kansas.
- A publisher's review of the media, background on the author, background on the publisher and address for additional information or to purchase the media.
- Media not accepted for a review on our website will be returned to the sender.
About WindingRiver.com Book, DVD and App Reviews
- In addition to the blog, we promote each book review on the Home page of our website, in our monthly digital newsletter and on our Facebook page.
- Our process is to review your book – yes, one of us reads the book. However, we use your book description/review. We also include a picture of the book in our blog and newsletter. Each review includes information on the author, publisher and links to purchase the book. We also include links to the websites of the author and publisher for further information.
- If we elect not to include the book on our website and newsletter, we return it to you.
- We do not review books with extreme/conspiratorial views on the environment, natural resources or revisionist history.
- We prefer for the educational/academic/personal experience of the author to be consistent with the theme, premise and conclusions of the book.